Well, he obviously has understood because today he went outside and came bolting back in yelling, "Kite! Kite! Kite!!!!" Sure enough, on our first real day of fall weather, it was actually pretty windy. (Smart kid.)
I promised we would "play kite" after we had lunch and Charlie always holds you to your word. He hadn't even finished chewing up his peanut butter & jelly before he was spewing crumbs trying to ask for the kites!
They had a blast with the kites although we had a hard time staying away from the trees. I lost count of how many times Charlie's kite ended up in a tree. Each time, he was able to retrieve it. Until his string broke. He pouted for about 2 hours as he stood under the tree throwing sticks, rocks and even at one point yelling at the tree, which I had to laugh at! Fortunately, Daddy came to the rescue and was able to retrieve it once he got home tonight.
Sam just ended up with a huge, knotted mess once his kite came down. I don't know why I am surprised. He would gasp and yell, "Oh! Mommy!" each time his kite came down. Funny kid.
We'll try again tomorrow. I'm going to try the field beside the Jolly's house tomorrow...no trees within kite trapping distance. Hopefully.
And just a note to all you who probably thoroughly enjoyed today's cool fall weather (with a high of about 65, I believe)...the boys were absolutely freezing today!! If they thought today was cold, we are in for a long, hard winter...
4 comments:
Charlie has such a sweet smile! Glad the boys had fun. I tried to watch your videos, but can't. ??
So cute! They are incredibly handsome :)
Love it!! How fun is that!! They are soo sweet! Are you loving staying at home?
Jana,
Thank you so much for sharing your journey with your boys. I love checking out your blog everyday to see the new things they are up to now. I wish I could see the looks on their beautiful faces when they see or do something they have never done before. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.
Alissa
Post a Comment