Friday, September 25, 2009

Bicycle.

The week the boys came home, I made the unfortunate mistake of running into Walmart with them for just one little item...

Twenty-four hours later, I was still hearing, "Bicycle. Bicycle. Bicycle. Bicycle..." Seems our oldest had seen a bicycle while in the store (still don't know where, since we only went to the food side and then came right out...) and now that was all his little brain could think about. It didn't help that our friend Danny from Ethiopia told us one day during lunch, "Just so you know, I tell him, you buy him red bicycle when you get home." [read with Ethiopian accent] Thanks Danny. So far, Charlie forgets NOTHING that you tell him and I'm sure his little mind went back to that conversation and he just knew he was going to get a shiny, new, red bike!!

Kenny & I had full intentions of buying the kid a bike, just had no timeline to get it done on. Seems Charlie made his own timeline which consisted of NOW. We put him off a few days, but on Labor Day, Kenny & Dwayne loaded up and returned shortly with a shiny, new, red bike!! And a little one for Sam, who certainly couldn't be left out of the whole process!

Unfortunately, Charlie has ridden Sam's bike more than his own. Combine no leg strength with a serious lack of balance and it makes it really hard to ride a bike! He's getting better everyday but has to have lots of help to ride his bike. He practices everyday on Sam's bike and one day soon, we'll get the gist of riding a big bike...



Holy Cow...look what I just got!!


Little Man checking out his new wheels...


How many people does it take to put on a pair of training wheels??


Look at me...!


Someone just hold me. I never asked for a new bike and now you are making me wear this silly hat...

No comments: