Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Water!"


Kenny's parents visited this weekend and the hotel they stayed at had an indoor pool. So, the boys were introduced to swimming on Saturday! Or "Water!" accompanied with swimming arm motions as Charlie communicates to us. Not to be confused with just "Water!" which is sometimes needed in a cup. If you do confuse the two (which I did several times), be ready to have an unhappy little boy on your hands!


The boys had a blast in the water, although Sam found the hot tub and much preferred it over the big pool. I'm not sure if it was the size of the pool that intimidated him or that the hot tub felt more like a bath and despite being an indoor pool, the water was quite chilly. Charlie didn't care and stayed in the water even though he was shivering! He did great in the water and even learned how to blow bubbles and go underwater. Although, most people hold their noses when they go under. Charlie holds his ears. Who knows...maybe it's a cultural thing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holding his ears...that is a new one, although I could relate - I always have trouble with my ears whenever I get out of "water". Sounds like you all are having a blast. We continue to pray for you guys.