Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sam... and his new shoes!

Okay, just to clarify...I AM NOT making fun of my son, but he was being quite humorous tonight!

The boys got a few shots today and needless to say, this morning, they were not a fan of doctors, needles and probably even their parents...but a ice cream cone made life all better again! After the painful trip to the doctor, we went to buy new shoes. The boys have worn Crocs or flip flops for probably at least the last two years...and who knows about before then. We wanted to get their little feet used to wearing something other than Crocs since cold weather will be moving in soon and we need to be able to wear socks and shoes! Plus, Charlie is going to start playing soccer at the end of the month and I doubt they let him play in Crocs! (Rack Room Shoes is have a huge sale, by the way!)

Back to the doctor's office...they got a few shots in their little legs and they are understandably sore and have both let me know about it this afternoon. Let me preface all this by saying that Sam is a total and complete drama queen...or king...whichever! He can get the tiniest bump or scrape and he is gasping and grabbing the afflicted area. If he ever really gets hurt, he may pass out. So, while I'm sure he is in pain, his pain tolerance is ZERO! Sam hobbled around here all afternoon, looking like he needed a walker. I felt so bad for him that I usually just carried him where ever he wanted to go.

Now the video...(part of the reason for the video was that I'm just messing around trying to learn how to load a video and this is what I had to "mess" around with)... The actual purpose of the video is for Sam to show off his new shoes, which he was ecstatic over! (He cried when I took them off in the store and the only remedy was to let him carry them out himself!) The 2nd purpose of the video was so that you can see the "hobble"...he was so funny and knew he was funny, too. I don't doubt that he was hurting, but it seemed a little over the top to me! Love this kid...


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have your Dad's compassion?!!!??? Give them both a hug and kiss from their Gammy! I'm sure it will make them feel better! Love, Mom

Lauren said...

aww!! poor little man! ...and with those shoes, quite obviously you and kenny's son! ha. i fondly remember you and your man sporting New Balances all through college! heheh!

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

Too funny! Love the pool pics as well. Such sweet smiles!

The Cook Family said...

yes lauren, we did sport the new balances through college...and still do! in my defense though, Charlie actually picked his out himself! i'm not sure if it's because they looked liked daddy's or what, but he went straight to them when we went into the store!! :)

tera said...

I remain in love with your boys :) I promise you that they must be long lost cousins of Jonas. He and Charlie with their looks and Jonas and Sam with their pain tolerance level. Sometimes Jonas squeezes his finger trying to make a small poke look more intense. Hilarious!!!

Jaime said...

Haha! I love his little old man walk. It does look like he needs a walker, or a cane! You are going to have lots of fun with him. I love the shoes though. We are actually looking for Logan some new shoes. Can I just say that children's shoes are ridiculously expensive?! I will be checking out Rack Room!

Heather Cooke said...

Okay, when Kenny said "walk to mommy" I completely lost it and bawled...THEN Sam almost made my wet myself bc I was laughing hysterically! Sam and I have a lot in common...hmm.....we will definitely get along ;)

aunt heather

Anonymous said...

I think Sam will be an actor one day. Great video - keep them coming!! Love to you all, Denise and Dale

Becoming a family of 4 said...

That was way too funny. Looks like you guys are having a blast.

Katie said...

ahhhh soo stinkin cute! his pain tolerance is gonna have to increase!