Sunday, September 27, 2009

Super Cuts

I've never claimed to know much about doing hair...my own, let alone someone else's. Namely, the hair of the two precious little boys I love so much. (Let's just thank the Lord they aren't girls!)

So, Aunt Tera to the rescue! The boys were getting a little fuzzy-headed and so Tera came by earlier this week to give Mom a lesson on cutting hair. Her little guy needed a cut too, so we set up all the boys outside on the carport and gave Jonas a cut first so that the boys could see what was going to happen. Charlie jumped right up on the stool for his turn, followed by Sam! They did great!



That was Monday night. On Wednesday morning, Charlie cried all morning, while holding his head. I asked a million questions trying to find out what was wrong...Are you in pain? Did you hit your head? He even sat for a while on the couch with a cold washcloth propped on his head (a cold cloth fixes everything!), and all the while he was probably thinking, "My mom is a moron." Just as I was about to give him some Tylenol, thinking perhaps he had a headache, he informed me he did not like his haircut! WHAT?? That's what all these tears are about?? I simply informed him that part of my job as his mommy was to take care of all of him and sometimes that means we have to cut our hair so that he looks his best. That was it...tears gone, back to playing.

Sigh. Did we just cry for 3 hours over a haircut? That's okay...also part of my job as mommy. :)


The boys checking out their new do's in the bathroom mirror!

3 comments:

tera said...

OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO! Not good! He will run from me when I see him again. They are adorable though :)Sorry for causing the stress!

Julio said...

Jana -

Love the photos and stories. Keep 'em coming!

Julio

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Precious! We love you guys so much and are thrilled about your wonderful new family!