This is a fabulously horrible picture and I specifically remember Katie begging me to remove it from the blog when I originally posted it............but it's the last picture I have that was taken with Katie. January 1, 2010. I made fun of her for wearing a shirt that looks like she recovered it from the 80's. And she made fun of me for wearing a green life preserver. Kim, on the other hand, looks great! We might would have brushed our hair if we had realized it was going to be the last picture.......
I don't think a day goes by that I don't pick up my phone to call or text her. And it's been a year.
I still see her picture smiling at me daily. And have to remind myself that she's not here.
Almost every Friday night, I feel like I relive the events of the next 24 hours that happened on May 8, 2010. The texts. The phone calls. The longest flight of my entire life.
I can't see an owl without tearing up. And I have owls on everything from my PJ pants to Charlie's artwork on the fridge.
I wore heels a few weeks ago for the first time. And I know Katie would have been more proud of me than anyone else.
Losing my little sister, my best friend, a daughter was never something any of us planned to do that day a year ago. And although I'll never understand God's most perfect timing for taking her home, I have to remind myself that this was all part of His ultimate plan. That doesn't make it easier, it doesn't make it okay...but I have an indescribable peace knowing that she's with her Creator.
And knowing that one day soon, I'll see her again...
1 comment:
You are a precious big sister and daughter! I love you!
Post a Comment