Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Being a Mommy

Tonight was one of those nights that I used to envision when I thought about being a Mommy.  A pleasant evening.  Daddy outside playing with the giggling children.  Mommy inside cooking a wholesome, healthy dinner.  Everyone happy.  Everyone healthy.



And no, I didn't have on my June Cleaver heels and pearls while I was preparing dinner.  I thought about it, but didn't want set a precedent I had no intentions to continuing.  Plus, I definitely would have fallen down.

In all honestly, the boys and Kenny were attempting their version of WWF in the back yard.  It's a wonder no one ended up at the ER.  And I was inside cooking macaroni and cheese from a box.  To go with my new favorite recipe.  At least the chicken didn't come from a box.  That's wholesome, right?

Believe me.  This is not how things are everyday.  But I'm grateful for the evenings we do have that are laid back and fun and we can just enjoy being with each other.  Because tomorrow it's back to school, work, schedule, doctor's appointments, meetings, etc, etc, etc......And I'm grateful for two little boys and their birth mother that allowed me to be a mommy.

So I could have days like today.

P.S.  Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: