For you non-Facebookers, here's most of my status updates since the beginning of the year. It's like one-liner posts...........
While tucking Sam into bed this evening..."Mommy? Am I getting bigger?" "Yeah, buddy, but you are still my baby boy." "Mommy, I'm not a baby, I'm a SAM!!"
First night with no pull-up: SUCCESS!! Yay, Sam!!
The boys are playing "Easter Egg Hunt" downstairs in the playroom. It's really quite entertaining to listen to..."Oooooo, I found another one!!!" Well, duh. You JUST hid it there yourself!
I'm practicing for the wedding I'm in this weekend by wearing my heels while I heat up Spaghetti-o's for dinner. I figured that was the least dangerous activity I could do in heels...I sure do love you, Jennifer Gilley!!
Hillbilly Night at AWANA's!! And yes. That's poison oak all over the side of my face. I'm having a flashback to 4th grade when Mrs. Hyde let me do a leaf rubbing of a poison oak leaf........ It didn't turn out well.
Coughing, sneezing, runny noses....we are staying in our PJ's today. Well, at least me and the boys... yuck.
Any ideas on how to help an almost 8-year-old remember to zip his pants??? He NEVER zips them! I've threatened to put a diaper on him...
Sam just told me he needed 5 pancakes for breakfast. So, I'm off to make 5 pancakes...
Charlie's favorite "Z" word...Zacspecas. That's Zaxby's for those of you that can spell. And aren't in 1st grade. I do have to agree with him though. Zaxby's is a great "Z" word!
Charlie doesn't even know who Bugs Bunny is...How un-American is that??
The boys are outside playing basketball with their bike helmets on. We are all about safety at the Cook house.
Just realized the bag of M&M's I was previously enjoying (by myself) is one of those "Sharing Size, 2 Servings" bags........Oh, well. The damage is already done.
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." James 1:22 ...Professing Christians who are content with only hearing the Word have made a serious spiritual miscalculation.
"Mommy, somebody threw up on my head today. And in my ear. But I got a new shirt!!" Way to be positive, buddy. I probably would have punched them in the face...
On the top of my “Things I Never Want to Hear the Kroger Bag Boy Say” list… “Ma’am, I think your son is rubbing my leg.” Sure enough. He was….
Traded my alarm clock for a busted lip this morning. That's what happens when a large headed 3-year-old tries to join you in bed while it's still dark. Wouldn't trade a busted lip for anything...honest!
Charlie wants to know what time we are going to watch the big baseball game. Sorry if he offended anyone. We are still getting our sports straight. (referring to the Super Bowl)
Sam’s eating nerds. Guess how many are in his mouth as opposed to my floor? Not that many.
It's official. It is totally impossible for Sam to sit still.
Happy Birthday to my sweet husband, Kenny Cook...how's it feel to be well into your 30's? I wouldn't know...
Golf shoes. Good choice to keep from busting it while you walk down your ice covered driveway to get the mail. And it goes great with your sky blue sweatpants and your camouflage hat.
I think I still have the headache I got on Wednesday night after playing a rousing game of duck-duck-goose with a bunch of preschoolers who don't know what the word gentle means.
Sam wanted to eat Cheerios because they look like doughnuts. Gotta love his thought process.
Thank you to everyone who gave the boys noisy Christmas presents. Really. Thanks. And when we visit again, they will be left at your house. On purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment