Friday, November 27, 2009

The tradition continues...

I have a confession.

I went to Waffle House today and I think...I think...I might have liked it.

Last year, Kenny talked me into going to Waffle House on our way to go get a Christmas Tree and we mutually decided that since I forbid the consumption of WaHo every other day, that we would make an exception for one day a year. Only ONE day. And thus began a tradition...


Picture #1...picture #2...picture #3...oh, just forget it...

The boys thoroughly loved their first trip to Waffle House, seeing as they are obsessed with pancakes...waffles also fall in that category. Charlie even partook of some of Kenny's triple order of hashbrowns--scattered, covered, peppered and topped (otherwise known as a heart attack on a plate). The kid literally ate jalapenos by themselves. And never asked for a drink. Of anything. He also eats crushed red pepper flakes by themselves too, so I don't know why I'm surprised.


We proceeded to totally flip Charlie out by going to buy a tree, attach it to the top of the car and then actually bring it into the house. He has this little noise he makes when he is seeing something new and interesting...we heard it a lot today.

He helped Kenny get it off the car and bring it in and even helped me decorate some (in between working on his K'nex car). We had the whole "Santa" talk today because he kept asking who he was, followed by the fact that it is also Jesus' birthday and that is really the whole point of Christmas. We made the mistake of telling him Santa brought toys, so I'm pretty sure we'll have to talk about the whole Jesus' birthday thing again because he wasn't really listening by then...he was busy trying to figure out exactly when this Santa guy was going to be coming to "me's house".


We wrapped up the day by rooting on Bama (the reason for all the matching Bama shirts) to a somewhat pitiful win over Auburn...but a win, none the less...tackling some to the Thanksgiving leftovers and watching Home Alone for the first time this season. (Happy "Thankygivey", by the way. We are still having trouble with multiple syllable words...)

Sam had just joined us from his nap time and was doing his best Daddy imitation (notice the leg position) while watching the Tide.

I guess now that we've done it twice, it's a full fledged Cook tradition...

See ya next year, Waffle House!

1 comment:

tera said...

Lovin' this post :)