Monday, November 02, 2009

Handsome Boys!

In recent posts I've admitted my ignorance when it comes to hair. So, in my continuing process of learning how to take care of the boys hair, we made a visit to a local barber shop last week. (Really, I just needed someone to show me how to do that fancy little line all the cool kids have across their forehead!)

Charlie continues to loathe having his hair cut and let me know about it from the minute I informed him of his pending visit with the barber. "Yucky!" That's what we (aka Charlie) say about anything that is not fun or that we don't like. I promised a blow pop if all went well, so that made things a little smoother.

And I'll be honest. I was just a tad bit out of my comfort zone as I entered this tiny shop to a roomful of men all waiting their turn. They scattered to either side of the room and allowed me and the boys to sit right in the center, but I know they had to be laughing on the inside at this silly girl!

While waiting for Sam, we were sitting with a huge mirror behind us, covering the entire wall. Charlie was sitting beside me enjoying his sucker. He was checking out his new do and lickng his sucker when he had one of those moments where we discover something new and fun that we seem to have at least once a day...a Charlie Revelation! Now, let me preface this with the fact that he sees himself in a mirror AT LEAST twice a day while he brushes his teeth. But today he exclaimed, "Mommy! Two suckers!" as he pointed to his own and then the reflection. I told him it was a mirror and even took my own hand and grabbed the sucker, showing him it was just a reflection. He was not buying it and continued to be amazed that he now had two suckers!! It didn't seem to faze him that there was another little boy (who looked awfully familiar) licking that sucker...


Charlie enjoying his promised treat while Sam takes his turn.

Sam looking like a big boy in the barber chair.

3 comments:

Kristi Parlier said...

Oh my goodness, I can just imagine! :-D I'm sure they look very handsome. And don't worry about the whole hair thing. My mom's been cutting hair for nearly twenty years. You've got what it takes!

tera said...

Love it! You have now been indoctrinated into the moms' club of Barber Shop experiences :)

Justin and Donna Brown said...

I love hearing about Charlie and Sam! You need to learn all about their hair so you can teach me everything! :)