Friday, November 20, 2009

MIA...

I know that many of you know that we do church just a little bit different from the average congregation...

We attend Highview Baptist Church: Spencer County Campus. Our Campus is growing and we currently don't have a permanent building, but instead hold our services each week at the local elementary and middle schools. What this also means is that we have to "set up" church each week and we have two large trailers that house ALL of our stuff that are brought to the "church" each Sunday and Wednesday.

This past Wednesday, upon arrival at the school, we soon discovered that we were missing a rather large part of what we thought we needed to have church...our Children's Ministry trailer...with EVERYTHING that we need for Sunday and Wednesday programs. I'll spare the details as they are still working on the particulars of what exactly happen, but it seems that someone "borrowed" our trailer and hasn't returned it yet...

So, while we thought we needed lots of "stuff" to have church, turns out, we just need a great church family with incredible attitudes in the face of potential disaster...and a little imagination!

I'm "borrowing" (haha!) this picture and quote below from Nicole, our Minister to Children...but this is just how awesome our church family is...


I love this picture! My teachers are amazing. They never complained, never said a negative word. Just jumped in, pulled chairs together in a circle in the hallway, and had Cubbies! No table, no toys, no glue sticks or scissors. Just kids and teachers, and a paper crown.

We had church Wednesday night with only the supplies we all happen to have in our cars, which wasn't much compared to what we normally have in a big 10-foot trailer. It was crazy. It was hectic. It was awesome seeing God's people pulling together to make things happen. We had fun and the kids didn't miss anything! And clean up was a lot easier this week! :)

I know God is just keeping us on our toes...

1 comment:

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

Oh No! I hope the trailer turns up. Good improv!