Yeah, I know it's before Thanksgiving and you can judge all you want, but my tree is up and it smells wonderful in my house. And apparently we started a new tradition in the Cook household today. Kenny loves (as in, slightly obsessed with) Waffle House. We NEVER go there on account of eating there once means you get all the calories you need in one week in one meal. Waffle House just reminds me of grease and cigarette smoke. Yuck. But he talked me into going this morning for breakfast, then decided that could be our Christmas-tree picking morning tradition. We both survived the ordeal...we'll just see if the new "tradition" sticks next year...Is it safe to take a baby into Waffle House?? (No offense to those who may frequent Waffle House, I just prefer Cracker Barrel.)

Don't want to lose it on the way home!

Magnificent! We went scotch pine this year which was a first for us. We are Douglas Fir people, but they all looked rough. I'll let you know how the scotch turns out...
4 comments:
yay! the tree is beautiful! ...i am totally a waffle house kid and could go any minute of any day. tell kenny to call me if he needs a wa ho pal!!! :)
Your tree looks great Jana! I'm jealous. I wish mine was up. Next Saturday is the day for us.
GRITS? At the Waffle House?
C'mon girl, you gotta get the hash-browns "Scattered, Smothered, & Covered". It's a southern thang.
Eric's Dad and I celebrated the arrival of both of our grandsons with a mid-morning snack that started with the "All-Star Special Breakfast". We'll tell those boys how we honored 'em someday.
Maguire is already a WH devotee. He likes the biscuits, bacon, hash-browns and waffles. YES, you need to make sure your new arrivals are Waffle-Housers!
One thing that I've always been unsure about is why their menu lists the steak special in the verb tense instead of the adjective. You have to look for it - http://www.wafflehouse.com/ourmenu.asp
Julio
That boy was raised right - go Waffle House! I still drag John there for my pecan waffles. Good tradition and, yes, it's a good place for kids! Love your tree. Since you have your's up, you can help me pick mine!! :)
Love you! Lisa
Post a Comment