Also discovered over the last couple of weeks that Charlie loves leaves...
Today I went outside to check on the boys and they were meticulously piling leaves, "swimming" through them, re-piling...and repeat. Throughout this whole process, Charlie kept asking to go swimming and I kept telling him that it was too cold. He would tell me he wasn't cold and ask to go swimming again. In the end, he decided to go inside. Because he was cold. Hmmmm.....
I finally told him we don't swim in water in Kentucky, we swim in leaves. I don't think he's buying it. (And unfortunately he doesn't understand sarcasm yet...) But until it warms up, he's gonna have to do his swimming in leaves or the indoor pool when grandparents happen to visit and stay in a hotel. (Side note: He thought because we got to see all the grandparents when we went to Alabama, that we also got to go swimming. Unfortunately, neither set of grandparents live in a hotel with an indoor pool.)
Covering ourselves with leaves...they are gonna flip at the beach when they can do this with sand!
Not sure what just happen here, but I laugh hysterically when I look at this picture.
Learning to "float" on our backs...
3 comments:
You're going to ahve to join the Y so that you can go swimming in winter.
your blog updates seriously make my day :)
FINALLY! someone who understands my desire to swim in leaves. He may be a kindergartener but at least I found someone who can relate. Charlie: Once you finish your K'nex car, me and uncle C wanna see a picture of it, okay? I love you! ::blows kisses:: (Jana, you may have to explain the kiss thing...)
Post a Comment