I spoke with Jana's mom earlier today, and she had just gotten a call from Jana. The embassy appointment went perfectly. Everything was exactly the way they wanted it, so they are cleared to leave as scheduled.
Sam is doing better. He still has a cough, but the medicine has helped. Both of the boys already had a doctor's appointment scheduled ASAP, so they'll be relieved to have Sam seen and checked out.
Jana is going to call me from Washington, DC on Saturday morning. If there are any delays, she'll let me know then. Otherwise, they will arrive at Lou International at 6 p.m. on Saturday night. As soon as I hear from her, I'll post an update.
Just to let you know what a big deal this is in our house . . .
Tonight as we put our girls to bed (Grace (8) and Emma (4), for those of you who don't know us), Grace started talking about mummies. I couldn't even begin to explain why in the world she was talking about mummies to her four year old sister at bed time, but she was. In a quick attempt to redirect Emma's little mind to happier things, her daddy told her to have good dreams about our trip to Disney World and all of the wonderful things we are going to do there. She smiled, then told her daddy she'd rather think about seeing Charlie and Sam.
Yeah, I'm crying a little. Come on, when meeting these two sweet boys becomes a bigger deal to a four year old girl than going to Disney World, that's pretty amazing. And, I couldn't agree more.
I'll update again Saturday!
Nicole
1 comment:
Praise the Lord for the wonderful appointment at the embassy! Can't wait to see pictures of the homecoming! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you all . . . celebrating from Alabama!
Love to the Cook family!
Post a Comment