Monday, August 17, 2009

Controlled Chaos: revisited

I reference my earlier post about Controlled Chaos when I show you these pictures...maybe it's not so controlled after all. Although, I know where EVERYTHING is!



A little bit of Target, Walmart & Toys R Us has thrown up at my house, as well as generous boxes of hand-me-down clothes, which we are ever so grateful for! I'm sorting, washing, packing and putting up all in anticipation of the boys fast approaching arrival.

Here's a little run down of whats going on...

Kenny is currently putting together several storage/toy boxes and has just began wrestling the sand and water table! (All courtesy of my friends at First Steps! Thanks guys!!) From the sounds of things, the sand and water table may be winning... Kenny also just told me that I'm completely delusional in my efforts to keep things organized once the boys come home. I'm taking that as a challenge...and I will not fail!

Plane tickets are booked, delivered and in hand!! And the passports have been found too! (Thank goodness!) Bags are in the process of being packed, although currently, it's just a bunch of piles.

The big Walmart trip...you know, the one you have to make before you take any kind of trip...was made today. $112 later and I hope I got it all! I did have a few precarious moments in the "Ethnic Hair Care" aisle, where I didn't quite know what to do with myself. Fortunately, no one saw me trying to pretend that I knew what I was doing and I only received minimal unsure glances during checkout. I did follow a Caucasian woman and two little brown boys up and down several aisles trying to work up the courage to ask her what she used, but she was having enough trouble with what I will only assume was the terrible two's to deal with me and my uncertainty over my ethnicity! But I can now say I have purchased hair mayonnaise (Thanks Tera!)...

The basement turned playroom is almost complete!! Thanks to many family & friends who have lended us helping hands in finishing this project...it will be functional by tomorrow evening after the last coat of paint is applied, lights are installed and the carpet is laid! I hope the boys will enjoy it...because I'm SO ready for it to be done!

I have a to-do list that's impossibly long, but is helping to control my adoption-induced ADD tendencies. I marked several big things off today and will continue tomorrow! I love lists!

The count down continues...I imagine that next week will look totally different for us...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Kenny about keeping things in order - you can confine the mess but chaos will rein by the end of the year. If I have learned anything, its that you only live once so enjoy the time with the boys b/c time flies way too fast. I love you two so much and can't wait until I see two little boys! Lots of prayers for a safe trip for everyone! Lisa

David and Katie Kizziah said...

We are so excited for you guys! I can't get over what a beautiful story this is that the Lord has written for your family. Happy packing! And cheers to checking off lists! I love it too!
Katie :)

Jaime said...

We have the sand and water table. Logan loves it and I can guarantee the boys will too. But don't get too attached to the sand staying on it's side. It ends up in the water and on the floor!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you during your travels! Can't wait to meet the boys!