Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Note From Jana

Praise the Lord...I have never been so happy to have internet!!

We are doing good. Kenny & I are exhausted...feeling the time difference and jet lag! The boys are great!! Meeting them yesterday was incredible...Nuredin saw us the minute we walked in and ran towards Kenny!! Edaso took a little while longer to warm up, but is already calling me "mama"! Makes all the tired okay! :) We have one very sick little boy...Edaso has been running a rever, lots of coughing, nose running, diarrhea, vomiting...the whole nine yards! The orphanage told us he has asthma...and I totally agree...this kid needs a breathing treatment ASAP! Praise the Lord for Danny...a friend at the cafe next door who speaks very good English and took Kenny to a pharmacy earlier today where were able to get an antibiotic and cough medicine! I can already tell a difference in him! Last night I just sat and held him while he coughed all night long and I cried because I couldn't do anything to help him! :) Nuredin is a very shy kiddo...but VERY smart! Knows LOTS of English, can write English words and I think that he can actually read a few too!! He picks up very fast on everything! Nicole, he is gonna have a blast on the power wheels and 4-wheeler! I've been pushing him around outside on an old toy tractor...and I'm ready for something with a motor!! The boys are outside playing now with Kenny on what you could consider a playground! : ) They are having fun at least!
Pray tomorrow...we go to our Embassy appointment at 1:30! My biggest fear is that we will actually get there...some confusion with the drivers! (We are not actually at the Yeka...so it seems they are forgetting that HOPE has 3 families here as well!!)

We are doing good, but I believe we are ready to come home! Love Ethiopia, but missing Kentucky lots right now! :) Just ready to get these two boys home to everyone who loves them there! I have two little smiles looking over my shoulder who are ready for dinner...need to run! See you all Saturday...don't know if I'll be able to have internet again!

Love all of you! Miss all of you!!

Kenny, Jana, Nuredin & Edaso

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana -
I'm commenting ;-)

So good to "hear" from you. So excited that things are going well. Welcome to parenthood - isn't mama the best word you've ever heard? And gotta love the diarrhea and puking! I know you're loving that little guy!

Can't wait to see you all very very soon!

tera said...

Do you know how I just cried at seeing your signature of four names :) I am sure that your appt. will go well tomorrow :) We can't wait to see you :) Praying every single day!

Lauren said...

praying for yall!!! ...and tears of joy as I read each update! I had this amazing picture of your little boy seeing kenny and just running into his arms!!! yay for the family of four!!!

Heather Cooke said...

Jana......why can't I stop crying!? Just the thought of you having them in your arms makes me bawl...but it also makes me realize how AWESOME God is! I'm sorry to hear that Edaso (Sam) is sick and I will definitely be lifting him up in prayer, as well as the rest of you that God will protect your bodies (in and out) from all harm as your travel home. I wish me and Cliff could be there Saturday, but just know that we have first dibs on visiting as soon as you'll let us :) I love you!

Aunt Heather

Becoming a family of 4 said...

So excited for you. Will keep praying for your apt tomorrow and can't wait to see you guys.

CKnaster said...

Kenny and Jana - I am so glad to hear that you made it safely and all is going well with meeting your boys. We have been thinking about you a lot here at Summit. Can't wait to meet the boys when they are ready and you all are back home. I am so happy for all of you and I know that the boys will flourish under your love and care.

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, Jana, I am just so excited for you guys!! I am praying for your little guy. Having a sick child is the worst feeling. It sounds like he is breaking you in quickly though with the diarrhea and vomiting. ;) I am also praying for everything to go quickly while you are there so you guys can have a safe trip home.