The first few days of my life as a mom (sans employment) was spent at Kid's Camp with 115 3rd through 6th graders. Oh my! Fortunately, they all went home to their parents yesterday and we were able to put the bloody noses, knees, mouths and heads, pukers, asthma attacks and emergency room runs, spider bites and bee stings behind us. We did have fun and I'm blessed to be able to be a part of camp! Despite the massive amount of [accidental] injuries (Thank the Lord for Dwayne, Super Nurse!), I hope that Camp Rock 09 will forever be a part of their summer kid memories!
Now, on to Ethiopia matters... The plane tickets are booked. Yahoo!! (Loving Susan Parr Travel right now. They just did everything for us! And they specialize in adoption travel, which means they know what they are doing. I do not.) We went today to the U of L Travel Clinic and received too many shots for too much money and only walked away with very sore arms. (And a lollipop!) But at least we hopefully won't be bringing Typhoid or Polio back home as souvenirs! You can thank me later.
I have a to-do list a mile and a half long and only two and a half weeks to do it in. (I have an incessant need for lists!) But don't fret (just a little self-talk here)...each and every thing will be crossed off the list by the time we leave! Now to the first thing on the list: the travel agency needs our passport numbers...
I know they are around here somewhere...seriously...where are they?
No comments:
Post a Comment