Saturday, August 22, 2009

Update from Nicole . . .

This will be an adjustment for those of you who are used to Jana's writing style! It takes her about a thousand words to say what I can say in ten. :) JUST JOKING, JANA!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

They arrived in Chicago about noon our time. Jana didn't really seem impressed. Her only response was that there were a lot of weird people around, and that she had to go through security in her bare feet! Yuck.

Then it was on to Washington, DC. There was a big layover there, so they had time to get something to eat. Apparently Kenny struck up a conversation with another set of adoptive parents traveling to get their kids, too. I think the rest of their time was filled with taking pictures of the world's largest carton of cigarettes, and post card shopping for Grace (she's a collector).

The highlight of this leg of the trip for Kenny is that they were the first to arrive at the gate to their flight in Washington, so they got "dibs" on the good seats. He chose the ones on the emergency exit aisle. At least for the next 16 hours they'll have more leg room than most everyone else on the plane! Go, Kenny!


They should arrive in Ethiopia shortly after noon our time. As soon as I know they have arrived, I'll update again. Keep praying!!!!!!

4 comments:

tera said...

WOO HOO!!! I am lovin' this :)

Scott and Monica said...

This is so GREAT! Can't wait to hear more.

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Praying for you. Love the update. Can't wait to hear more.

(Aunt) Heather C. said...

I am experiencing so many emotions about all this that I can't even imagine what yall are going through. As we prayed for you both in the hotel room, I could really feel God's presence; I knew that everything was not only going to be okay, but that this will be one of the biggest blessings (besides Tristan) our family will ever receive. I love you both so much and cannot WAIT to see those precious angels!