For the last several years, while the boys have been in school, I've been blessed to have a very part time job that allowed me to work school hours, in the same building where the boys were at school and was extremely flexible during school breaks and summer. It was a huge blessing to us during that season of life, but we knew when we started the adoption process again that I would likely not be able to keep that set up. As flexible as it was, doing it with an 18 month old in tow wasn't going to be an option.
So we begin praying that the Lord would provide a new or different opportunity, while continuing to provide for our families needs. And while I thought for a long time that it would look different, He always provides and answers those prayers in the most perfect way and in His most perfect timing.
In addition to working with Children's Ministry at Redemption Hill, starting this week, I will also be adding administrative duties to my to-do list. But the best part....I'll be home 100% of the time with Ellie Kate!! (And the boys too, but I was referring to the school year!)
We make excuses, worry and fret over what might happen, using things like jobs or other circumstances we think are too big for God to handle to skirt around His plan for our lives. But in the end, my God knew my desire to be at home with our little ones. He knew what we needed to provide for our family. And while being basically a one income family (ok, one and a third) requires creativity and sacrifices on our part, it's all totally worth it.
Today I am thankful for His provisions, His creativity and His plans. Even when my faith was little.
He had a plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment