Since I just set the alarm that I didn't know existed off in the car I'm still getting used to, I decided to introduce y'all to our newest member of the clan...
No, your eyes haven't deceived you. Yes, that is a min-van. And yes, I remember saying I would never drive a mini-van. Multiple times.
I should have known those words would come back to haunt me. I mean, when you take your driver's test at age 15 in a Ford Club Van that seats 8, that's got to be some sort of precursor to your future in a van of some kind.
And even though I've eaten my words and actually paid money to drive a mini-van, at some point my priorities changed. At some point I stopped caring if I had the coolest SUV. Or what my friends might think if I drove a [gasp] mini-van. At some point I stopped caring about what the stigma of a mini-van means.
Right now it means I'm a mom to almost 3 kids. And I have room for at least two more before I have to bump up to a 15-passenger. It means my kids come before my car fashion. Or that I don't care about that anymore.
Yes. I'm a soccer mom. In all it's glory.
And I love it.
So embrace Henry the Honda. (Yes, I named him. While Kenny rolled his eyes at me.) He's spacious, shiny and most importantly has a functioning transmission. And super cool sliding doors that the boys are obsessed with.
And no, he's not new. Just gently used.
He fits in pretty well around here. And is at the ready to have another car seat added.
SOON.


1 comment:
hellloooooooo henry!!
Post a Comment