We went to the Five Rams Statue and another park whose name has escaped me.
That's the name of it. But I can't read it.

And speaking of signs, I could probably do an entire post on their English translation of signs. They are very literal. And hilarious.

The Five Rams are the symbol of the city of Guangzhou and very important to the people here. Our guide said if you walk around the statue 3 times, it will bring you good luck. To get the full experience, Kenny walked around 3 times. Since I was packing 'lil bit, I did it once and decided that was all the luck I needed.

Did I mention it was a touch steamy?? She's asleep. Kenny bought a tiny Hello Kitty fan to cool us off because we were both dripping wet. Yes, Heather, you can have it when we get back!

This is our whole group for this week...the Allen Family and the Fowler Family. And unfortunately you can't see any of our new additions!

There were multiple groups of retired people gathered at the park where the rams were, dancing and exercising. Helen said they do this each morning to keep in shape. They had their music going and were keeping a pretty good beat.
This picture is to show you the folks exercising. I just stood there so it looked like Kenny was taking a picture of me. And yes. It was easier to feed her like that than take her out.

This is at the park, taking a break in front of the waterfall. Really, it just looked like a good place to sit down because we were drowning in humidity. Alabama ain't got nothing on China, folks. Nothing!

Bonsai trees everywhere...

Me and this guy are going fishing! It was so weird to be in this peaceful park and look across and see the busy city!

We relaxed the rest of the day. You know...playing with our ziploc bags filled with travel sized toiletries. Don't worry, Mom. She can't open it.

EK continues to do as well as we could hope. We are all still figuring each other out and all have our moments of frustration. Like when we cry at dinner time and make all the other babies cry. Of course she never realized all the ruckus she caused! She is not a fan of naps. But goes down well at night. And eating now on the schedule of a newborn, which makes it seem like we are making bottles all day long! Anything to get her fattened up and home faster!
Tomorrow is our day of rest. On Friday.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment