Sunday, June 30, 2013

Low key.

It's Saturday night here in the great city of Guangzhou. I think. My days are so confused...

We just returned from a great dinner with a fantastic group of adoptive families at a nice little Irish pub. Yes, an Irish pub in China. It was really good. So good, we've actually eaten there two nights in a row. Hey, you find something you like and stick with it around here! I actually have had Chinese food. Kenny had a hamburger.




The last two days have been filled with absolutely nothing.

And it has been fantastic!

Yesterday would have been the day we visited EK's orphanage. We decided not to go because it was a 5-6 hour drive one way. Making it at least 10 hours in the car. It was going to be a terribly long day for all of us and I really didn't need a practice run for the upcoming 13 hour flight. It makes me sad that I didn't get to see where she has spent the first 20 months of her life. But from what I've been told and what I've seen in her, I'm sure I would be even sadder after seeing where she's been. (Is sadder a word??) We instead chose to spend the day low key, bonding and enjoying our little girl. And at this point, that was the better choice.

We went swimming yesterday with her for the first time. I assumed she wouldn't be a fan at all because she starts screaming the second you take her clothes off for bath time. Since that first night that she seemed to enjoy it, it has been a scream-fest on her part and a race to bathe a slippery, frail, ticked off baby on our part. As fast as we can. Because the second she hits that towel, she's fine.

Diva.

But she seemed to enjoy the pool. We even got a few grins and laughs while splashing in the water! I was glad to see this because she has some big brothers who love to go swimming and if she hated it, that was going to seriously hamper their style this summer!








Just hanging out in our pj's...












I had a paperwork meeting this afternoon to prepare for our Consulate appointment and departure plans and while I was on the 28th floor, I received this text message from Kenny...




Pilates baby.

I'm telling you, she could walk if she wanted to. She still mainly scoots on her hiney with the occasional crawl. But she was actually using the mirror to pulls herself to standing! That's not a whole lot of support, folks.

We are on the downhill slope....the countdown to coming home has begun!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've got a little gymnast on your hands.