Monday, June 10, 2013

Ready. Set. Pray!

Ok, friends.......I've given you updates along the way, but today I have a specific request for you.

First, let me remind you where we are: We are waiting on our TA (aka Travel Approval). This is normally a 2-4 weeks wait, with travel 10-14 days after TA. We are right at 2 weeks.

Now, a little about what's going on over on the other side of the world...

Last week, we got word that the consulate in China is moving. As in, moving their physical location. And while they are doing this, they are suspending services for several weeks. This will happen mid-July and the last date for any consulate appointments before the move will be July 11.

I'm not sure if I've filled you in on this part of the process, but while we are in China, we must have an appointment at the consulate before we are allowed to leave the country with Ellie Kate.

So add up all the info above and you've figured out that if the consulate is closed we can't have that needed appointment. And if we can't have that appointment, then we can't come home with Ellie Kate. And if we can't come home with Ellie Kate, that will delay our travel to go get her.

Huge. Ridiculous. Bummer.

Add that to a computer system update to the CCCWA that has delayed processes over the last two week and something about a Dragon Festival that has things shut down through Wednesday this week...........

Not good news.

Here's what you can pray for. Based on my understanding of things and the current timelines, for us to get an appointment that week in July before they shut down, we need to get our Travel Approval THIS WEEK!!!

I know all these delays are no surprise to God. And that EK will arrive in His perfect timing. But boy, is it a hard pill to swallow when all you want to do is hold your little one in your arms!

And while you are praying, I'll throw one more on ya....I also have mono. Yeah. The doctor said adults don't typically get mono, so I don't know what that says about me. But she also had a mild panic attack when I told her I was hopefully heading to China in the upcoming weeks. Apparently with mono, you feel craptacular for weeks...maybe months...making international travel fantastic. [Insert sarcasm.] And your doctor will flip out and tell you not to go. And when you cry and show her your baby's picture and tell her you have to go, she will cry too. That was quite the office visit. But at this point though, I'd have to be tied down to not get on that plane when we get the call to go!

I was basically told to go to bed and not do anything.....HA! While Kenny is fantastic and we have great friends who have helped out some with the boys and a few meals, Mommies don't get days off! I'm just saying...lets be realistic here. I'm just glad this happened now, instead of after I have an 18-month-old to chase after! I'm certain God's hand was in that!!

And don't worry, I'm only contagious if you eat after me, kiss me or I spit on you. And hopefully if we all mind our manners, those things can be avoided.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Ok, ok....You know the plan. Lots of prayers. I seek You with all my heart.

Got it.

So, in review:

1. Pray for TA this week.
2. Pray for consulate appointment before the move.
3. Pray I have the world's mildest case of mono ever.

Whew. Thanks for sticking that out with me. Never intended for this post to be that long.

I need a nap now.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I got mono as an adult, too! So weird. It really got better after a week or two, but you will definitely want to take it as easy as you can. Will be praying that you get your approval this week!

Lauren said...

praying!!!