At some point during my five year stint at THE University of Alabama, I was certain the Lord was calling me to be a nurse. Turns out, we must have had a great misunderstanding because I couldn't seem to pass all my classes no matter how hard I tried. That and puke makes me...well, puke. So I got a degree in how to professionally clean up puke. I mean, early childhood development.
Yesterday I get a call from Nicole who was picking up the kids from school. She was laughing and wanted to know if I had talked to Charlie's teacher or the school nurse. Of course I had not and since she is laughing, I am assuming Charlie is alive, but hasn't had a great day.
Turns out during Spanish, Charlie got puked on....¿Qué la mierda? Wait, wait...that's not the best of it...ON HIS HEAD. I'll pause while you throw up a little in your mouth. Because that's what I did.
As with most 7-year-old boys, the details are a little vague. He told me he was laying on the floor. (Note to self: find out why he was laying on the floor during Spanish...) And I do know he got it in his ear. Gag. And the school nurse made him wash his hair in the sink and gave him a new shirt to put on. Thank you, school nurse.
I'm just eternally grateful that this happened at school and not with me. Because he probably would have had puke on both sides of his head after I saw him. He handled the whole episode fairly well. Much better than his Mommy would have.
I put him in the shower the second he walked through the door from school. And his biggest concern with the whole thing was if he had to take another shower before bed. And it wasn't "hair night". Why did he have to wash his hair??
Gross.
2 comments:
That's just......well, SICK!!! Poor Charlie.
Oh my stars! I am laughing so hard right now that I can barely type! Jonas is confused as to why I am laughing so hard at the computer!
Post a Comment