Friday, January 08, 2010

10 Reasons We Will Never Have A Real Christmas Tree AGAIN!

#10: The general mess the tree makes during the month it is up...pine needles in the carpet, pine needles in the kitchen, pine needles in the bathroom, pine needles in the bedrooms.......

#9: Why buy a live tree every year when we have a perfectly functional artificial tree stored safely away in the basement? I'm all for saving money!

#8: Who knows if the branches will support my lovely ornaments?? I don't want to hang all the ornaments at the very top in my effort of making everything stay.

#7: The vacuum won't pick up all the needles (and I've already had one vacuum fatality at the hands of pine needles). And I can't talk the boys or Kenny into picking them up by hand...

#6: After finally getting all the lights off the dumb thing, I actually found pine needles in my bra. That's just an offense that I can't pardon.

#5: There is just no easy way to get a half dead tree out of your house.

#4: Did I mention the pine needles...?

#3: I realize this will destroy the tradition of buying the Christmas tree/breakfast at Waffle House that we have worked for 2 whole years to establish, but I'm willing to sacrifice. We can still go to Waffle House and if Kenny wants, he is more than welcome to tie the artificial tree to the car and drive around.

#2: After finally getting the above mentioned hated tree out of the house, I then had to chase the tree through the neighbor's yard, in the snow, in my pajamas, as the wind blew it further and further away from me.

#1: Because Momma said so! (And I've discovered over the past 4 months, that is a perfectly acceptable excuse for almost anything!)

5 comments:

Justin and Donna Brown said...

Ouch to #6!

Amy said...

That is so funny!
Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I love the part about Kenny being able to drive around with the artificial tree on top. That is hilarious!

Alissa

Jessica M said...

this is (one of the reasons) why I love you. ha :)

Brenda said...

Jana, you always put a smile on my face with you funny posts! This one has to be one of the best. I take it you don't like pine needles!