Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Walking Pharmacy

Took Sam to the doctor yesterday...left with a nebulizer and prescriptions for albuterol, steroids and antibiotics for an ear infection.


Fortunately he thinks he is Thomas the Train with his steam pumping from the nebulizer and he sits perfectly still while he gets his medicine!!

Unfortunately, once the meds get in his system, he is totally jacked up and bouncing off the walls. Literally. I woke up this morning with him sitting on top of me. He runs around in circles, bounces from one piece of furniture to the next, up and down the stairs... I can't decide if it's the medicine that is making him hyper or he has just felt so bad for the last four months and now that he can breathe, the real Sam is coming out. If it's the latter...please pray for us all...

3 comments:

Justin and Donna Brown said...

Poor little guy. :( He is one cute patient though!

Amy said...

Hope he is better soon. It is definitely the meds. When my son was on them, he was a different child...CRAZY different :)
Blessings,
Amy

LauraZ said...

It is probably definitely the albuterol. I had to take my children off of it. They are now on Xoepenex instead. I think it is less stimulating.

Sorry, I know we have not met but I used to attend Highview and now live in Fort Wayne. We are in the process of adopting a sibling pair from Ethiopia.
Good Luck!