Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some fun...

So, I hated on winter the other day, but I'll take some of it back since we did get out and have a day of family fun at the zoo on Saturday. The boys had fun, we got to be outside for a little while and daddy was with us!!



Charlie taking down a komodo dragon. Don't worry, it's not real.



Sam's favorite..."Es slide?"



Love that grin...




Still have a little ways to go to catch up with the gorillas...


At one point while we were playing, Sam wanted to take his shoes off, which was not going to happen because it was still fairly chilly outside. A kind (and nosy) gentleman pointed out to me that it was fitting that he want to be barefoot since he was sporting an Alabama sweatshirt. I guess he thinks we Alabamians skip the whole footwear thing...I was just thinking, "Fella, you don't know the half of it..." since the first couple year of his life he had limited access to shoes. By the way, this sophisticated observer was sporting overalls, a plaid flannel shirt and a scruffy beard. He did have on shoes though. Nice.

And we thoroughly exhausted Sam by skipping his nap. Don't worry...we paid for it later. But between his foul mood that evening and the pure exhaustion, he feel asleep in the bathtub at 7:15. I found it pretty stinkin' funny, while he was a little less than entertained by the whole thing. Notice the scowl on his face. That's his "don't cross me" look! Don't be scared though...he's only 2.


3 comments:

tera said...

LOL! I love it :) Did you see the video at church yesterday?????

The Cook Family said...

i didn't get to see the video, but heard kenny & charlie's pic was on it!!!!! do you have a copy of it you could email to me?? i want to see it!!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

I love this!! Quoting Scripture, as well as the "bye Mommy" at the end. Thank you for sharing :)