Saturday, January 30, 2010

Very, Very Random

Sam has had an explosion of vocabulary over the last few weeks and is talking way more! It's all very exciting, but most of his conversations go a little like this..."What is this?" Mommy answers. "What is this?" Charlie answers. "What is this?" Daddy answers. "What is this?" Mommy answers. "What is this?" Mommy ignores...don't judge me. It's mentally exhausting to label everything in your house. Forty-seven times a day.

After reading a story from our children's Bible the other day, Charlie informed me that it was Jonas that had been swallowed by the whale, not Jonah. He was quite certain I was wrong and there is usually no point in arguing with him when he thinks he is right. We have a friend named Jonas, who is coincidentally also from Ethiopia. I'm not sure that Charlie remembers meeting Jonas, but I am certain that Jonas would probably not appreciate being swallowed by a whale.


Charlie & Sam like to watch Dora & Diego. And I don't mind because they are picking up lots of new words. Never mind that some of those words are Spanish... The other day I caught them dancing to the theme song. Kinda looked like they were having seizures. I'm thinking it might have been some kind of tribal dance. It never rained, but snowed later that day...

So, it took Kenny almost 4 hours to get to work the other day (normally takes him about 30 minutes) because Kentucky decided to act like the State of Alabama and resorted to a state of confusion, pretending like they had never seen ice or snow before.

One of Sam's favorite things to do...walk up behind you and give you a little pat on the hiney and then laugh hilariously. I'm honestly not sure where he got that from. Maybe Dad is letting him watch too much basketball and he's picking up on the "good game" pat.


I took Charlie to an open house for the school we are anticipating that he will attend in the fall. As the teacher showed us around, we entered the computer lab were Charlie promptly picked up the mouse from the computer and wanted to know what it was. And when I told him it was a mouse, he refused to agree with me, telling me "No mouse!" ...We have a laptop...with no mouse...

In our attempts to move away from our current potty language of "shinting", Sam now says he has to go to the "batram". That's bathroom for those of you that don't understand English with an Ahmaric accent.

While Charlie was partaking of a homemade enchilada at lunch the other day, he wanted to know where the ground beef came from. I told him the store, but that wasn't the answer he wanted. So I told him a cow. Want to know the fastest way to totally disgust a 6-year-old? Tell him where ground beef comes from.

We got a CD player for the playroom from Gammie & Papa for Christmas. The other day I heard them singing along to one of their children's CD's..."Triangle, triangle, little star..." I'm not familiar with that version of the song...


When Charlie wants to really stress a point, he uses the word "very". For example..."Mommy, VERY, VERY stop it!!" if I'm tickling him. Or "Yummy! Very, very pizza yummy!" or "Sam! Very, very stop it!!"...I'm thinking I very, very love him!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

So very, very cute!

tera said...

I LOVE your random posts very, very much! Tell Charlie that Jonas sometimes smells like he has been swallowed by a big fish! LOL :)

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Oh, too wonderful! We love you guys and are so excited to hear that ya'll are doing so well. I would love to spend sometime with these precious boys. Until that day, please keep posting. Priceless!

Beth said...

Nati calls Jonah, "Yonas" so made it is like David here equals Dawit there.
Cute stories.

Katie said...

One of the best posts every!! I love the randomness!