That's kinda how our first snow experience has been...
The boy's begged and pleaded to go out in the snow and how could I possibly say no, seeing as this is their first experience with the white fluffy stuff. They went out for a little while on Thursday while it was snowing and the wind chill was about 47 below zero. That went okay.
Saturday we went sledding for a little while and all was good for about 10 minutes, until we got snow in our face by an unexpected snowball and it was all downhill from there. Our hands were cold. Our feet were cold. We could barely walk due to the many layers of clothes. We tolerated the snow, but like it much better if there is a window between us and the snow. Since Saturday, no one has asked to go play in the snow!
And being from Alabama, I was fairly unprepared for snow...which is why Charlie has on a pink and blue snow bib and pink ballet slipper rain boots. That's the kinda thing that happens when your best friend is a girl...
I'm smiling now...but I didn't know you were about to push me down the hill...
"'Dis way, 'dis way. Inside!" Translation: "Get me outta this cold!! NOW!"

BIG SMILE! This was before "the incident"...

The offending snowball in the face...it's all downhill from here...and I'm not talking about on a sled...
Grace was having fun!!

Grace and Emma on the sled...Emma always sat backwards on the sled. When questioned, she said this way the snow didn't get in her face on the way down...smart kid.

Emma and Sam waiting to go inside. Really, they just wanted the hot chocolate they were promised once inside!
1 comment:
The picture of the snowball in the face makes me laugh out loud! So precious!!!
Post a Comment