Today has been 9 months (May 18, 2008) since we began this little adventure to Ethiopia. I had really hoped to have to the boys home within 9 months just so I could say our "paper" pregnancy was the same as a real pregnancy.
But then it hit me...This is in NO way like a normal pregnancy. (I know, deep thoughts.) And I am more than fine with that. This "pregnancy" has been nothing short of a miracle for us. God has shown Himself to us in ways that we would have never seen had we not adopted. People I would have never expected or known have prayed for us or supported us financially. I have met and made many new friends and strengthened friendships with those who have gone through this with us step-by-step. I have a renewed understanding of what it means to be adopted as a Child of God. My faith has been grown daily as I see God answer prayers and just make things happen--small things like a sheet of paper arriving in a timely manner, all the way to big things like being assigned a court date before the end of February! Seeing God work out even the smallest of details, learning to accept God's timing as good and perfect, no matter what I may think of it, learning that God may not answer my prayers the way I think He should--how could any of this happen and not totally change your relationship with Him?? In the end...two children that will be loved more than I can even fathom right now. And I think we have dropped enough "news" on our family to last us a good while.
This whole process may take us longer than 9 months (I count us lucky that it's not taking years!), but to bring home two of the most precious boys in the world... Yeah, I know I haven't met them yet, but I can already tell they ooze preciousness! ...I would do it all again in a heart beat! Look at me, talking about doing this again and we aren't even done with the first adoption... (Oh, sorry...that may have been more news than our families wanted to know...)
Please continue to pray that we will pass court next week. 1 week from today. Court will most likely happen next Tuesday night while we are asleep. Well, you may be asleep...I'll most likely be awake, staring at the wall, mentally packing our bags and thinking about all the things that still need to be done... (I'm thinking about having a pajama prayer party!) Something to look forward to...if we pass court, YOU will get to see pictures of the boys! Guaranteed. There will be pictures on this blog as soon as we know they our ours!
Let's just pray this is an 11 month pregnancy! I'm alright with being 2 months overdue.
3 comments:
I am praying! And I can't wait to see pictures of the boys.
Well actually pregancies are actually 10 months...
and you are having TWO children so you are definitely moving more quickly than a a "regular" pregnancy!!!
LOL! Love ya and praying for you!
Go for it - why stop now?! There's no doubt that it would be a blessing all the way around. We would just have to have a 'barn raising' - do you even know what that is? Prayers are being lifted up all over this state, GA, FL and TN for you (all four of you!). Much love. Lisa
Post a Comment