Over the past week we have been hammered by snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain…you name it, it’s fallen on us! We lost power for about 12 hours, power returned for about 18 hours, and promptly went back off on Thursday. Our power just came back on last night!! We spent a total of about 6 days with no power! And had threats of losing water (although it never happened), but we still had heat and the ability to cook thanks to propane. We probably would have lost our minds if the Jolly’s hadn’t let us take showers and crash their house every night when it got dark. The girls thought we were moving in! I’m going to nominate them for a Nobel Peace Prize or something fun like that for their extreme generosity! (Not to mention they risked their life to come get me when I was stranded in the house with no phone/power—-on our 2 minute drive back to their house, we somehow managed to spin in circles on the ice and put their SUV in the ditch. No worries. Nothing a John Deere tractor couldn’t handle!)
Our front yard is littered with branches and trees that couldn’t handle the weight of the ice, fortunately none on the house. Kenny and one of our neighbors got out in it to clear a path down our driveway, but Kenny is going to have to employ the help of a chain saw to actually remove all the debris. The pictures I took really don’t do justice to just how many limbs are down...(click on the collage to see bigger)

We are slowly thawing out...Although, we got another 2 inches or so today!! I love my snow boots, but secretly wishing I could wear some different shoes...
No comments:
Post a Comment