Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ye Ganna Baal!

This post would make much more sense if you could actually SEE what I was so excited about...

I'm a little late with this, but January 7th was the Ethiopian Christmas, also referred to as "Ye Ganna Baal" according to my Google seach. (Yes, I'm a nerd.) I got some pictures last night of the boys and their orphanage celebrating Christmas. And let me just add...I was just a little...okay, a lot...jealous that someone else was with our boys instead of US on Ye Ganna Baal! But seeing them happy and smiling more than made my day and eases my daily wonderings about their general well-being. (Notice I said wondering and not worrying...I know they are in good hands and are being well cared for. Doesn't keep me from thinking they would be better off with me, right?) They looked happy and like they had a good time... There was a rather large goat/ram/sheep (not really sure what it was...) that obviously also attend their little party. It was quite funny to me that despite this rather large mammel looming over them as they sat in their little chairs, they seemed to be oblivious to their new guest. Maybe the boys wouldn't have minded a little kitty as much as I thought they would!

Dear God, Please watch over our boys. Keep them happy and healthy. Please prepare their little hearts and minds to become a part of our family forever. Bring them home to us soon...
Sooner rather than later, please!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need a goat? Let me know, I have relatives with several.

Julio