
The 4th folder was actually the one which housed the pictures that were used for the slide show that was shown during the singing at our wedding...so, pictures of Kenny & I from itty bitty all the way through our dating relationship. This is me (obviously not Kenny in a dress) behind the garage apartment at about age 2. The famous garage apartment is the place I lived until age 3 and then returned to after Kenny & I were married for about 8 months before moving to Kentucky.
My Grandaddy Hill built the garage that sits between the old Hill House and a house that used to belong to my great aunt and uncle. From my understanding, everyone in my dad's generation lived in the garage apartment at some time or another, with a specific trend towards living there during the first years of marriage. I was proud to continue the tradition of living there after we got married, although it was really just a convenient way to keep us from living in someones basement since we knew we were moving shortly after the wedding! And I'm not sure why so many people were eager to live there...it was a meager 650 square feet (if that!) and until we moved in, to get to the bathroom, you had to go downstairs, out to the back porch and then back into the bathroom. Cold in the winter. Hot in the summer. I'm just glad they decided to "renovate" before we moved into it and put the bathroom upstairs. I was told we didn't get the true experience of living in the garage apartment due to being able to do our duties without actually having to go outside! My mom kept a potty in the kitchen when I was potty training. I guess one too many trips down the stairs and my throne was relocated!
I'm not gonna "tag" anyone, but if you desire to share your 4th picture in your 4th folder, then knock your self out! (I've notice this is a new phrase for me...I've said it multiple times in the past few days. Obviously, the less sarcasm goal is still in the distant future...)
1 comment:
Hey Jana! It was great talking with you last night!!! Thanks for sharing so much information!
Post a Comment