Sunday, January 18, 2009

How much do think U-Haul would charge to move me to Ethiopia??

We've been trained! This weekend we completed a training with our agency to satisfy the 10 hours of training we have to have to adopt. (Wonder what would happen if all parents had to be "trained"? Just a thought...) And maybe it's because we are further along in the whole process than the others that were there, but I didn't feel overwhelmed by the info given to us at all. I felt like it was a good review, but that between the books we've had to read and info from other people who have been in our shoes, we had a pretty good grasp on things to expect, not expect, etc. Then again, I have a feeling our lives will still be turned upside down (in the best way possible!) no matter what we do to prepare...

We also spent some time yesterday with the Scott's who were able to give us tons of insight into the actual traveling aspect of the whole process--things to think about taking, things not to take, tips for this, tips for that--very insightful, they were! And more importantly, we were able to see a little bit of video footage of the boys from when they were picking up their little guy. I must say, the tears came, but I held it together. I was able to get a little bit better idea of the actual size of the boys--how tall, what size clothes we might need, etc. And this, of course, did nothing for my ever increasing desire to quit my job and move to Ethiopia. Someone asked me the other day how I was doing...was the wait hard? I busted into tears. Question answered.

And in other news, our stint as kitty foster parents has come to an end. Please picture me with tongue out and thumbs in ears to all those who said I would just end up keeping the cat! I told y'all, I am not cat people! Meow Meow (or Cheese Puff, as those at work affectionately call him--yeah, just found out it was a boy and not a girl! Thought I was old enough to tell the difference...) has gone to live with one of my co-workers and her family as of this afternoon. She has twin boys who are looking forward to having a little kitty. And as cute as he may be, I'm looking forward to having my bathroom back and getting rid of that nasty litter box. Stinky! (And oh yeah, just got a call...they took the kitty to the vet. He had fleas and ear mites. Nice. Probably the last time my sympathy extends to opening my door to a stray cat...unless it corresponds with -1 degree temps again.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if you move to ethiopia i'm coming with you!!!!

Anonymous said...

No one is allowed to MOVE to Ethiopia - we are bringing Ethiopia to the USA!!! Gammy and Papa need to be within traveling distance!!!!!!

Jessica M said...

haha. these comments prove all families are alike :) well, at least yours and mine :) just dropping in to let you know im still uber excited about yall "bringing ethopia to the USA"