Thursday, October 02, 2008

More dark chocolate, you say??

Today we met with a wonderful lady named Susan, who is going to be our helper, our partner, our question-answerer (is that a word?) and help us bring home Baby Cook!! The main thing I am so thankful for after today, is just the ability to be able to sit down, face-to-face with who we will be working with through this journey. That would have never happened before we made our change, seeing as they were in South Carolina! We reviewed our dossier today and thankfully were only missing a few documents. On the other hand, we had done far more than we actually needed for some things...We will be ready though, no matter what they throw at us!! And we'll be making a second trip to Frankfort to get these forms authenticated...Oh, well...Road trip!!! If I had to guess, I would say I will probably have to drive back by Rebecca Ruth's Chocolate Cafe' while I'm there, where I will be forced to go in and buy more dark chocolate! (A side note: I'm 100% totally over the top in love with dark chocolate. Don't worry, it's a healthy addiction. My doctor told me so.)

So, what next? We continue to wait on our I-171...(Don't forget to vote--to the left!!) We will get the remainder of our dossier finished up and send it to the Assistant Stork (courier service--cute name, huh?) in DC where it will then be sent to Ethiopia!! Exciting! We also have to get in some education hours and will most likely be attending a training later in the month. Then, we put on our waiting hats and we learn to be patient!! I've always said I was a patient person...let's just hope that God doesn't decide to really test my theory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been told to pray for "Grace" not "Patience" because, how do you learn patience? Through trials. Plus, when you have your youngun's you'll already have practice praying for grace! :)!! Love, Lisa