Okay, so maybe not THE news, but you have to admit, now you are interested...
I pray almost everyday on the way home that our I-171 approval papers will be in our mailbox. I'm not really sure why I was so anxious to get this because I still feel like we will have a while before we will get a referral...I guess it's just a milestone of sorts, another step in the process. So, today, me and God were chatting and I threw out my normal request for my mailbox contents. You probably have figured out where this is going...we got our I-171 TODAY!!! Yea!!! (It took 51 days!) My favorite part is the top line..."It has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care to an orphan or orphans as defined by section 101 blah, blah, blah..." I'm glad we have been deemed appropriate parents by our great government...I feel honored [enter sarcasm].
So, all you yahoos that voted for October 16th or the end of October (a total of 60%) can split the $1000 Monopoly money prize...
And I checked on our dossier and it is making the rounds in DC this week. Our I-171 is on its way to Ethiopia and our dossier will hopefully be following next week.
Now we wait for the REAL news...
5 comments:
Congratulations! Hey, can you call me today at home????
Congratulations Jana!! WooHoo so excited for you! I hope that the Dozzer makes it back fast!
Katrina
Congratulations Jana!! WooHoo so excited for you! I hope that the Dozzer makes it back fast!
Katrina
Congratulations on the news! By the way, this is Deborah Cate. Kenny, I found your blog through facebook. Thanks for letting me peak in on whats going on in your lives. Congrats again! I'm really excited for you both.
Jana, what a blessing!!! And I think you and Kenny will make wonderful parents (no matter what the government says)!! Can't wait to see how the Lord continues to work in your life!!!
Post a Comment