Thursday, October 16, 2008

Four!

We walked through those church doors four years ago today, recently dubbed Mr. & Mrs., without a clue as to the path God would lead us down! We have learned lots (sarcasm = love in the Cook house!), cried lots (I wouldn't trade the trials we have faced for anything), and laughed lots (at each other, mostly).


And since it's been four fab years, here's the top four reasons to love Kenny...Okay, so there is like...13 reasons...but now I have a head start on year 13...And of course, this isn't all inclusive, just some of my favorites!

--Even when he snores (incredibly loudly), he looks cute!
--He rubs my back to put me to sleep at night...a necessary step if sleep is to be obtained before the snoring starts.
--He cleans the bathroom!
--He makes a mean pot of spaghetti with fun curly noodles...we are talking from scratch here, not Ragu!
--Although weird, it's cute that he has to have HIS pillowcase with him at all times. And I'm not joking when I say, ALL the time...just ask him...
--He is better than a can of Raid...killing most anything I need him to that has more legs than me.
--The way he helps me on Sunday mornings with the kids...not every man would give up conversation with adults to chase 2-year-olds and wipe snotty noses!
--Can we say dimples??!!
--He laughs with me at stupid things. (Now that I'm thinking about it, he laughs a lot AT me, too...)
--He takes care of me. When I don't feel good. When I feel fine. All the time.
--He kisses my forehead when I'm upset, making everything okay for the next few minutes...
--The way he prays for our family, provides for our family, loves Jesus, loves me...
--He's mine.

Can I get a collective "Awwwwww!"........?

Happy Four Years! I love you more!

3 comments:

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Awwwwwww! Love that you are still so in love. Congrats.

Teresa

Becca Langford said...

That made my eyes leak! Very Sweet! Happy Four!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww!!! (I'm a little behind on my "blog reading".) May God bless you with many more wonderful, stressful, happy, loving, years together! And Kenny - thank you for taking such good care of our girl - we love you both!!! Mom and Dad