Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Virtually Tagged

I've been tagged. I've never been tagged before. You know, virtually tagged...I was the king of tag in elementary school...well, not really...I was a slow runner. I have actually been tagged twice, but I only chose one "list" so as to not bore you with random facts about myself.

Without further ado, 7 random things you may, or may not, know about me...

1. I took piano lessons for 3 years as a child. I could probably pick it up again pretty fast if I tried. I must publicly apologize to my mother for hating every second of those piano lessons...I really wish now that I could play. Sorry Mom. You were right, I was wrong. (How long have you waited for that??)

2. I have decided this week that I like hamburgers. For the majority of my life, I have refused to eat hamburgers, not out of a dislike of beef, but a dislike of the burger combination itself. I am turning over a new leaf...a hamburger-eating leaf. Hot dogs, mind you, are still strictly off limits.

3. I cannot stand to be in the same room as someone else who is brushing their teeth. As I have aged, I have learned to deal with this strange phobia in situations such as camp, retreats, marriage, etc when I must share a bathroom. But I still find it quite repulsive to listen to or watch someone else brush their teeth.

4. Kenny and I met in August 1999 and within a year I knew that this was who I was going to marry, despite the fact that we both dated other people during this time. Hey, I didn't say we were smart! (There was only a select handful of people...like maybe 2, who knew my secret.) On the other hand, it took Kenny no less than 3 years and 7 months to come to this conclusion and another 10 months to ask me. What was he waiting on?? :)

5. I was once hovered over by a rather large and ominous cow, while sun bathing at a desert hotel in New Mexico. I then received a painful skinned up knee and elbow after falling out of my chair when I realized that the shade I was enjoying was coming from a drooling dairy cow. (Note to New Mexico travelers: In parts of the state, they allow their animals to roam wild among those who are not used to dodging cow pies and chicken poop.)

6. I have no less than 15 holes in my left knee. And have had more staples and stitches than I care to count (all of which I have removed myself, not allowing a doctor or tech to remove them...I've done it so many times, one doctor even let me remove them at home and told me to give him a call if I had any trouble). I can not feel the flesh from my knee cap over and most of the way down my leg. My goal: a knee replacement by age 30. (Not really, it's just a joke...but as I get closer to 30, I often wonder...)

7. I cannot walk around my own house barefoot. Each foot must don socks or shoes before hitting the floor. Shoes are preferred since socks are still really close to being barefoot. Shoes or socks remain by the bed for when I first wake up...flip flops or crocs accompany me to the bathroom for immediate occupancy after a shower. For some strange reason, it is not as near a big deal to walk around someone else's house barefoot (although, socks are still preferred). My floors are clean. I know, I'm weird.

I'm tagging the following people. Please don't feel obligated to participate in this rousing game of virtual tag, but if you do, share with the world 7 random facts about yourself...

Jessica
Lauren
Nicole
Jaime
Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up...i have to say that i don't remember the whole drooling hairy cow thing though. but i am delighted to hear that you have finally realized that hamburgers are really good!!!

Loves you and miss you mostest!
Katie

Jessica M said...

i actually laughed out loud, and rather loudly, when i read #5...and now im having flashbacks to fun times in the Downs in ttown...ahh, memories. :)

Jaime said...

Thanks for the tag! I've been blog-lazy so I just read this. I will post it soon! I loved reading yours and the cow thing would have scared me to death!!!

Anonymous said...

That apology has been a long time coming - but thank you!! And I am extremely grateful that you have finally decided that hamburgers are GOOD - no more fixing two meals when we have hamburgers!! (Just kidding - I didn't really mind - but you didn't know what you were missing!!) I love you - Mom