10. Teach Sam to tie his shoes.
I'm not even sure where to start with this. Kenny has tried several time, without any luck. Stupid bunny ears...
9. Go a whole year without having surgery. Or an ambulance ride. Or any other weird, medical anomaly that no one else would ever have.
We've lived in KY for 7 and half years and I've had 5 surgeries, popcorn infections in my throat, torn ligaments in my thumb while doing laundry, several ambulance rides for stupid things like picking up babies, etc...all that to say, I'm a fairly healthy person. Promise. Weird things just happen to me.
I'm going for even MORE healthy this year!
8. Renovate the laundry room.
Sounds silly, I know. Right now, it's a concrete floor, one concrete wall, 3 almost walls with floor joist and insulation taunting me by falling on my head every once in a while for a ceiling. All I need is some drywall, a little paint, some of that peel and stick tile, some cute hooks and shelves and it would make that tiny space much more likable. We've been talking about doing it for several years, just need to make it happen.
7. Take the boys to their first Alabama football game.
Alabama plays Kentucky this year in Lexington, so the plan is to hit them up while they are close to home. The boys have really gotten into football this year and I made the mistake of asking them if they wanted to go to the AL vs. KY game this coming fall. Which means I spent the next 3 weeks explaining to Sam that NO, we weren't going to a football game today and NO, not tomorrow and NO, I have no idea what you will eat.
I know better than to tell him stuff more than 3 and a half seconds before it happens...
6. Buy a hair bow.
This one is totally up to China. So no dragging your feet on this one, ok?
5. Fix baby girl's hair with said hair bow.
Wanna know a secret? I was in 8th grade before I did my own hair. Yes. Really. I've never had a great affinity for styling hair. Which is why the boys get a buzz cut every 3 weeks and I've had the same general hairstyle since...oh, about 8th grade.
Some one's gonna need to give me a pigtails lesson...
4. Refinish the ever growing collection of old furniture that is piling up in the basement.
The side of the road is an excellent place to shop for furniture, but also a really good place to frustrate your husband when your collection starts to overflow into his man-space. I have a small chest that I'm going to turn into a changing table. I also have two non-matching chairs that need a little repair and refinishing and then they will be used at my new farmhouse table. Oh, you haven't seen my new table....me either...
Hey Dad! Quit falling off ladders and get to work on my table! Chop, chop! And thanks, by the way...
3. Paint a room.
Little girls room is currently referred to as the "yellow room". Also, Kenny's room, Daddy's closet, the junk room, guest bedroom ...I could go on, but you get the picture. It's the catch all and currently where all of Kenny's clothes are since our "master bedroom" isn't really all that masterful and only has about a quarter of the amount of closet space I would like. So, some reorganizing is in order. And painting, etc to make the "yellow room", yellow no more.
And more fit for a precious little girl!
2. Go to China.
Again, I have no control over this one. But I'm going one way or another. I'm planning on marking this one off the list sometime this summer!
1. Read the entire Bible.
I'm ashamed to say it, but there are actually parts of the Bible I've never read. So, I'm throwing it out on a public forum...please feel free to hold me accountable and ask me if I'm sticking to this one. The first week has gone great. I found an app that lays it all out day by day. It jumps around a bit instead of just picking it up in Genesis and hitting it for the long haul. At the current rate, I actually should finish the first part of November. I'm just praying I make it through week 2 without losing focus.
---------------------------------------------
So, there you have it. My non-resolutions. Because if I called them resolutions, it would just be something else to add to the list of things I won't get done this year. I'm going with goals...
The lofty goals of 2013, most of which involve getting home our newest family member or getting the house ready to bring her home.
You could say I have tunnel vision.....
It's okay. I agree.
1 comment:
I say "let's go eat some Chinese - then we'll tackle some of those projects"! We can make Dad help as soon as he gets repaired! He's got to get better - his "list" is growing!
Post a Comment