Sorry.
I had knee surgery 5 days before Christmas, which went
fairly well, thanks for asking. Then
Christmas happened. Then New Year’s. And we spent a week driving all over the
southeast United States . With a mouse in the car.
But that’s another story.
Merry Christmas. My
apologies for my absence. I assume no
one is reading, then I receive demanding emails requesting more posts.
So, I give the people what they want.
We spent Christmas day at home before taking off to see the
family. And Christmas this year was a
little extra special around here, even if no one else felt it.
You see, the evening of December 14th, following
the horrific events of that day in Connecticut ,
Kenny and I had to answer some really hard questions from our 9-year-old about
death.
But Satan didn’t have complete triumph that day as those
questions led to us being able to pray with him to receive Christ. It was a bittersweet day, knowing so many
were hurting, but having a huge peace knowing that if the same thing ever
happen to Charlie, as a follower of Christ, we would all be reunited again in
heaven one day.
The illustration of adoption came full circle that Friday
evening. Charlie, a former orphan from Ethiopia
who had been adopted by an earthly father, made a choice to follow his Heavenly
Father, adopted again as a child of God.
Yeah.
Amazing.
And to top it off, our Christmas-countdown-we-are-thankful-chain-thingy
ended with adoption on Christmas Day.
Talk about cool.
And just a little icing on the cake...I got a super cool travel crock-pot, new comfy black pants and a charming little shower curtain from some of my favorite people.
No, it doesn’t take much to please me.
Unless you are a mouse.
And in my car. Which is totally
not cool. In addition to freaking me out
by playing hide-and-seek in the console and glove compartment, he ate my
granola bar, which is no way to make friends with me. His destiny ended with a slice of cheese and
a mouse trap, so he didn’t make the return trip to Kentucky .
Our Christmas wrap-up: a new brother in Christ, good surgery, fun Christmas, good travels and a dead mouse!
2013 awaits us…
1 comment:
This post was worth the wait Jana! So proud of Charlie! Yay adoption!
JGB
Post a Comment