Friday, February 12, 2010

Everybody

It's 12:38 AM, I've been eating Sucrets, running a fever and can't sleep because my 'o so precious husband brought me a frappacino at 9:00 tonight. Too much caffeine.

So, here's an update on everyone...

Kenny is great...He is participating in his company's weight loss competition again this year and lost 9 pounds the first week. Go Kenny!! (I would have to cut off both my arms above the elbow to lose that much weight in one week.) He has also been busy being a spectacular husband and super dad...the boys can't wait to see him when he arrives home each night (me, too!) and it warms my heart (cheesy, I know) to see them run to him and give out hugs like he's been gone for months! I never get hugs like that, but I guess that's because they put up with me all day, every day.

I am currently very pitiful. I have tonsillitis. Again. You know that hangy down thing in your throat? Let's just say my tonsils are so swollen, they are touching my hangy down thing. I'm no doctor, but I don't think that's normal. I'm on my 2nd antibiotic for the week and the doctor cultured my throat today to find out what is growing on them. My guess is moldy cottage cheese, but I'm sure there is a more technical name for it... (Fortunately, while I have felt like dirt, my mom has been visiting and helping to hold down the fort.)

I'm also sporting a sexy new apparatus on my left hand. I was pretty certain that I had broken my hand, but turns out I just tore all the ligaments in my thumb. Nice. So, a "spica" brace for the next 6-8 weeks while we hope and pray (join me, won't you??) that my ligaments reattach themselves to the appropriate bones. I know, I know...I'm basically just a walking insurance claim. I don't know how to make myself healthier...I already take vitamins everyday! (...Rumor has it that she tripped over a laundry basket, but if I was her, I wouldn't tell people that. Kind of embarrassing. Klutz.)

Charlie gets goofier and goofier (is that a word?) everyday. I honestly don't think this is the same kid we brought home in August. He talks incessantly...to me, to daddy, to Sam, to his stuffed monkey...to the wall. Never having a 6-year-old before, I forgot how silly kids can be at that age! Just the simplest thing can have him rolling around in the floor laughing.


We are working on reading...he has the phonics down, but it hasn't clicked yet to put those sounds together to make the words. I have to help him with each word, but he is slowly getting it. I'm just impressed, seeing as this is his second language. He a smart kid, none the less!

Sam continues to learn new words everyday. After being pretty certain that he was color blind for a time, I discovered that he simply didn't know his colors. (I jump to conclusions on occasion...) We almost have them all down pat now, except we sometimes mix up yellow and purple. Thank you, Candy Land. Oh, how you annoying me with your drawn out games of tiny gingerbread men, but you have helped us distinguish between blue and green, and for that, I owe you.


He has also been learning his full name...Sam has his down pat...almost. Imagine his squeaky little voice saying, "Sam-ul Edaso Caca!" As a reminder...caca is poop in Ethiopia. Yeah. Welcome to the Caca House!

I think I might be getting sleepy now...

No comments: