You know we can't go too long around here without somebody getting hurt, needing surgery, being majorly sick or something of the like. And unfortunately, it's usually me. I just like to add to the list of mishaps that make it easy to laugh at me. Fortunately, I don't mind. Laugh away.
This time, my friends, I have thrown my back out picking up an 11-month-old infant. Yes, a baby. But it just happen to occur at church, as worship was ending, and before I knew it I was laying on the floor in excruciating pain with half the congregation looking down at me. I think I scared them because I was in so much pain and before I had time to protest they had an ambulance on the way.
That was Sunday. Today is Wednesday and I've been in the bed since. They (you know, those all knowledgeable doctors) think I have a bulging disc. So, I've been loaded up with anti-inflammatory meds, narcotics, muscle relaxers and pain patches and told to rest. Which I am doing thanks to my overprotective husband, best friends and a sacrificing church family. Before I even got back home from the hospital Sunday afternoon, my laundry had been done, meals planned for an entire week and childcare for Sam had been arranged.
While I care not to be flat on my back in this much pain, I have been on the receiving end of a church family and a husband that has gone above and beyond to show me love. My kids have been picked up, loved on and entertained, food has been delivered to our door, Kenny has placed every item I could possibly need in a day on the kitchen counter so I could reach it while he was gone to work...which he reluctantly did only because I promised to tie my cell phone around my neck if I got up since I don't have one of those fancy "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up" buttons.
I'm just blessed, folks. I don't deserve any of it, but am so thankful that I belong to a church that is so willing to help others. And married to a husband who is storing up treasures in heaven putting up with me. Along with being a great example to his two little boys of how a husband cares for a wife.
And in the meantime, you may get some more pics from Spring Break simply because I can't do anything more than sit at the moment...
No comments:
Post a Comment