Saturday, July 04, 2009

What now?

Because we have the best friends in the whole wide world who want to make sure that the boys have everything they need when they come home, I spent the day yesterday registering at the "R us's" and Target for life's necessities when you have kids. (Seeing that we are starting from scratch and all...) Nicole, Grace and Emma joined me to give expert opinions on what I needed and didn't need. This also means that because I was joined by two people who were fascinated with "shooting" the items we needed, that we are registered for just about any and all things two little boys would possibly need...plus some! We had fun!

Plans as of now...we are planning on traveling mid-August. We still have to wait to be assigned an embassy date, which will determine our exact travel dates. The boys also will have their TB tests, but we may not have results until just before we travel, so that's just a risk we will take as we go ahead and purchase plane tickets, etc. I've seen video now of those two little stinkers and it's very obvious that they aren't sick, but who knows what could pop up if they have a false positive, etc. Continue to pray those tests are given quickly and with negative results!

I may seem very calm and collected, but inside, that's just not the case! I have self-diagnosed myself with pre-adoption travel anxiety disorder which is keeping me up until all hours of the night, causing random fits of tears and the uncontrollable urge to make lists. The only cure will be arriving safe and sound in the Louisville International Airport with two of my favorite people in the word. And even then, I fear the symptoms may remain... :)

And here's a picture, just 'cause I can! This is the boys with Pat, just last week...I'm personally loving the pink capris...

3 comments:

Becoming a family of 4 said...

I love the pictures. I love the fact that you are going soon to get them and I love the fact that we can shop for you. What are their sizes?

Beth said...

Hi Jana, Congrats! Funny thing, I noticed the small clothes on Charlie (the older?) and did not even notice the pink capris until you mentioned it. Between seeing all the pictures and spending a week there I don't even notice anymore. All the kids, boy and girl, love bright pink. Either of my boys would put those pants on today if given the chance.

Unknown said...

My doctor calls your symptoms "nesting" it is the phase right before the baby comes when a woman as an intense urge to get everything in order. I just embrace it - you can get so much clean and in order with your "nesting" lists! I love you and I am so thrilled to finally meet your boys. They are going to love Spencer County!