Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What I know...

So--here's the latest...
  • There's a pretty good chance that even though we are still in the "open case" category, the current hold on abandonment cases isn't effecting us. Because we are "open", it's like we are in a whole different ballgame, not feeling the ramifications of the current hold. This is good news! You can jump and shout for joy if you feel the need.
  • They ("they" being defined as the Ethiopian courts) are still filtering through the "open cases" on Wednesdays. Which means, get your tail in gear and start praying...it's 5:15 am in Ethiopia. The day is just beginning...
  • I had a complete and total breakdown at our adoption agency's meeting tonight. In front of people. Nice, Jana. Pull it together. I'm getting to the point that NOT being okay, IS okay. This is hard. I have permission to NOT be okay every once and a while.
  • A member of our agency is going to Ethiopia mid-June (June 17th, I believe). One of his top priorities/missions is to get video/more pictures of the boys and--more importantly-- find out just exactly what is going on over there. He will be able to sit down with the orphanage staff and our paperwork and ask questions and find out if anything else specific needs to be done that could be potentially holding us up in court. Please pray he asks the right questions, talks to the right people, has the right timing...
  • Although I don't like to think about it, we are rapidly approaching the annual court closure for the rainy season in Ethiopia (which is traditionally August through October). Just wanted to throw that out on your prayer radar...

There 'ya go. You now know what I know. Which isn't saying much for either of us... :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

hi. as always, thankful for the update and in constant prayer for yall. random, but have you read the book "Adopted for Life" I cant remember if you have previously posted about it?

love you and kenny. :)

The Cook Family said...

Lauren--I'm in the process of reading "Adopted for Life"...great so far! A recommended read!

Kristi said...

Hey! I'm praying praying praying!!! I miss you, and remember, our Savior can move MOUNTAINS!!! :-D