Saturday, Kenny and I cut down all the slightly overgrown, unsightly and dying bushes in the front of our house. Today, he and Dwayne finished the job by hauling away all the dead bushes and pulling out the massive stumps left behind.
No turning back...we are half way there...
Note the HUGE pile of overgrown bushes. Please also note my hardworking husband taking a breather in the background.
All done! The house looks naked...
Our house is an older house, built in the 70's, and I'm thinking some of these bushes may have been here since then.
Next on the agenda...get the soil ready for new (smaller) bushes in the fall when they put stuff on clearance. We are cheap...er, resourceful. Stay tuned...
(Ty & Angie, note the new roof. Looks WAY better. Hope you guys weren't attached to the bushes. It was time for them to go. And the basement is still a work in progress...I'll get a picture up when we are closer to done on that project.)
2 comments:
You should also consider looking at your local farmers market if you have one. I got a really nice gardenia bush last weekend for $5 at the one in Tuscaloosa!
Dude, it looks great! Those bushes were ungodly! You're just more man than I am to take them out! The house was due a new roof 2 decades ago! Glad you guys are enjoying the home - we did! God bless!
Post a Comment