Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Today could be THE day...

We had our roof replaced last week, but our cable and internet satellites were replaced backwards, making it most difficult in obtaining a signal to get online. Needless to say, we’ve been disconnected from the World Wide Web for several days. Which seems like an eternity when people you know are potentially spending time with your children on another continent.

Got an email yesterday from the Maynard’s who got to spend a little bit of time with the boys on Monday…

The worker said the older one is VERY smart and he can write, read, add, subtract…etc. They were all grins when I told them they were the only children in the house! They smiled about your involvement in church and I told them you were preparing a room for them…when asked if he wanted to tell you anything, the older one said “I love you” (yes, I cried!!).

Pretend that your child has spent the first years of his life far, far away from you and try to imagine what it might feel like to have him say “I love you” or to be excited to know that you are waiting on him, and only him, to arrive and are preparing a special place for him. The tears are returning and I’m shaking just writing about it…I don’t have words to explain that feeling because it’s a new feeling for me. But I like this feeling… The only thing that would make it better would be hearing Charlie’s sweet little voice with his Amharic accent tell me those precious words himself.

I’ll give you a break to go get a tissue…

But keep reading, the good news is coming up…

We found out yesterday that while our case will continue to be considered an “open case” the Ethiopian government has come to a realization that they have too many open cases (about time!) and they will begin TODAY sorting and sifting through the paperwork of the many open cases. Each Wednesday beginning today, they are devoting time to looking at the current open cases. What does that mean for Charlie & Sam? Hopefully it means that on a Wednesday in the very near future (maybe today…) a judge will review their paperwork, declare us cleared and grant us an embassy date to travel to pick them up. It also means that you will be getting a reminder every Tuesday from here on out to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that this is the GOLDEN WEDNESDAY for us and the boys!!

3 comments:

Carree Stewart said...

Oh, Jana - that is so sweet - they sound like very special kids! Stephen and I are praying for you guys and news to come very soon.

Katie said...

ahhhh!! I had to go get a tissue and i've read that email 5 times already!

Anonymous said...

I prayed all day yesterday for your boys. The waiting is so hard but so worth it!
Teresa Dye (Joshua and Daniel's mom)