Saturday, June 27, 2009

Runny noses & peace

Kenny just informed me that he is taking the "brunt of the complaints" due to my lack of posting. Please accept my most sincere apologies to my most faithful blog stalkers. I do mean that.

As for an update, there really isn't one. I'm waiting the most patient way I know how to find out how things go when Pat gets to see the boys. He is still in Ethiopia, but I haven't heard if he has made it to HOPE yet.

I got a few pictures from a family that traveled last week of Sam being checked out by a local (as in, Louisville local) ENT. He was very compliant and a good little boy during his visit with the doctor and now I'm trying to find out if the doctor found anything worthy of reporting to his mommy. I'm guessing this kid is gonna be the one I take out stock in Zyrtec for, since he ALWAYS has a runny nose. He may have a very rude welcoming to the Ohio Valley (aka, Allergy Capitol of the World). Poor kiddo.

The Lord has been teaching me alot the past couple of weeks, though. I have an overwhelming sense of peace about this whole situation. Our Lord is our provider, our strength, our peace, our sustainer...I'm overwhelmed each day with His provision for us! Prayers are answered, although, not always in ways we could have EVER imagined. Circumstances are altered, even when we don't understand how our God is working. In the midst of what is a very troubling and frustrating situation for us and our boys in Ethiopia, my God has given me tremendous peace that His hand is at work and to trust His most perfect timing. Don't understand it...can't explain it...All I know is to embrace it!

Runny noses and peace.

Both given by God. Both taken away by God.

I'm holding onto my peace until I can go pick up my runny nose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joshua (Eyasu) was in Sam's room, and his nose is the same way! We need to buy stock in Children's Claritin. I know how it feels to wait with many unknowns. It is so worth the wait!It will be interesting to see if the boys will remember each other!

Teresa Dye

Jessica M said...

I heart the Cooks. :) Love reading about what the Lord is teaching yall in waiting, though I can't wait to read what He begins teaching yall when you become hands-on parents :) Praying for you both...actually, praying for all 4 of you. :)

Bethany said...

Jana, Our boys had runny noses until we left the country and they are fine now for the most part. I do have an all natural allergy tablet I would highly recommend though!!!