Sunday, December 28, 2008

Excuse me...What did you say?

The preschool teacher that lives inside of me got very excited and came out the other night when I found this book...


One of my bigger concerns with bringing home an older child is the language barrier we are sure to face, seeing as neither Kenny or I speak Amharic. (Funny. That wasn't one of the languages offered at Pinson Valley High School...) This book is similar to the "My First Words" books that you are sure to see in any decent preschool (or at home) in order to help build language development. This Amharic version labels items such as body parts, food, emotions and even has short phrases such as "I love you!" written in English and Amharic. My hope is that this will be one of the bridges between us and the boys as they learn English...especially during that 15+ hour plane ride home!!

I ordered the book from Amharic Kids...Merry Christmas boys! :)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

That is very cool! I am glad you found the book. Hopefully it really will help you guys communicate and bond.