Monday, December 15, 2008

Please don't fire me.

I used to be a fairly productive person. I wasn't a procrastinator, doing all my work in the mostly timely of fashions. My house was usually kept clean for the most part, minus the clutter that comes with each week's activities. Dinner was usually ready about 6 or 6:30 each night. Laundry never really piled up around me. We never ran out of the staples like toilet paper, milk or shaving cream.

Now, all I do is stare at pictures of the two most beautiful boys in the world!! I am most easily distracted by other people's adoption stories or pictures and today...by a most wonderful email! The Scott's, who took the boys their goody bags, are in Ethiopia RIGHT NOW!! This is part of an email that was forwarded from them this morning...

We also saw some of the other kids that are being adopted by other familes...they all wanted their pictures taken on our digital cameras. JANA COOK....I LOVE YOUR BOYS!!!!! I loved on Jana and Kenny's "kids" for a long time while Thom held Yirdaw...I promise you pictures before Christmas!!! The boys carried around the bags that you sent and all the kids were following them around looking at what they had. I pulled out the pictures and I showed the boys pictures of you and Kenny!!!! I had a gathering of kids while we looked at the pics - the kids at this orphanage are amazing.
This little bit of "contact" with Ethiopia left me a blubbering idiot!! Something about knowing that someone I know, has had personal contact and met our boys, just makes this even more real! Yeah, we have pictures of them...I know they are real!! But now someone can actually tell me about them! Very selfishly, I can't wait for the Scott's to return!

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been totally distracted at work. My 2-week-cleaning-rotation, has turned into more of a 3-and-a-half-week-possibility. Laundry has taken a total backseat. Leftovers have become a staple and we have most definitely run out of toilet paper, shaving cream and milk (twice). I've been useless. Couple this with unattainable expectations at work (story for another post...just glad it's over for right now!) and Kenny inviting strep throat to spend the weekend at our house, and I have found myself more than behind schedule. And I believe Christmas is next week, right??

I just can't wait to bring these two joys home! It should do wonders for my attention span and decrease my procrastination considerably. Don't feel sorry for Kenny...he feels the same way!!

I have to go fix supper. And swap the laundry around. And I think we have toilet paper........

(And sorry, but no word on a court date yet...it could be a couple of weeks before we hear about a specific date.)

5 comments:

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Don't count on the boy's homecoming to increase your attention span for anything other than them for a few months at least. Laundry and cleaning will become only that which is necessary and leftovers will be a staple. Life will be fun and your boys and you will have agreat time.

Jessica M said...

Oh Jana, reading your excitement makes my heart so happy...and my eyes quite teary... I check every day for updates :) And I tell everyone yalls story every chance I get...God is awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! BTW, you have described my life on a daily basis. Is it supposed to be different than that? I was also a blubbering idiot reading Lesley's note today! All of it is almost too exciting to bear!

Jaime said...

I am just so excited for you! Every post I read just brings tears to my eyes. I don't blame you for being a little distracted. Life becomes one big distraction with kids involved. I can't wait to see pics of the boys!

Bethany said...

I was laughing my tail off! I like Tera expierience all of those mentioned things daily too. I call it child onset ADD...as soon as I had children it began!!
Oh my goodness...she played with your boys!!! How cool. I hope tomorrows update has something about my boys!!LOL