Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Brothers!

"I've got brothers."

This is the statement presented to Kenny and I last night. So, to quench your curiosity...We are proud to let you know we have accepted a referral for brothers, ages 4 and 1!! ...........I'm really speechless!!!

We got the information on the boys last night and after a night of praying over them and just staring at their sweet faces, we decided these were the two precious boys God picked for us and we called our agency to let them know! It really wasn't a hard decision. If you could only see their sweet faces...(Since they aren't legally ours yet, I can't post pictures.)

What's next? We will hopefully get a court date in Ethiopia for sometime in the next 6-8 weeks. And once we pass court and they are officially OURS, we will travel to go pick them up about 6 weeks after court...assuming all goes as planned!

I am totally worthless right now. I can't eat. I have done absolutely NO work today, and that is not an exaggeration! Kenny can't stop smiling. I can't stop moving. So, if you are expecting anything from me in the next 12 weeks, just go ahead and postpone your plans, 'cause it probably ain't happenin'!!

We are in totally awe of how God has provided for us so far and really can't believe that we are about to be the parents of TWO...count them...2! precious boys! Funny Fact: The oldest brother has actually been alive longer than Kenny and I have been married. I'll just let people figure that one out on their own...

Please pray that all goes smoothly...paperwork, etc...over the next few weeks. We do have to make some changes to our "dozer" (ie, dossier) because it only approved us for up to 24 months old. I don't anticipate that being a difficult change, but I never assume anything.

I told y'all I'd bring you pictures home at Christmastime!!!

8 comments:

Jessica M said...

And I'm crying. I'm so freaking happy for yall!!!

Bethany said...

OH MY!!! I am SOOO happy for you!!! I am all teary.... our 4 boys will all be friends probably there and here!! WOW!!
hmm I saw some really cute jurassic bedding from pottery barn.....
Please email me!!!!

Misty said...

Congrats, you two! That's really fantastic!! You guys are going to be such great parents!

Ray and Morgan Stuart said...

We are so excited for you both and can't wait for the boys to come home. Congratulations!

Lauren said...

ditto jmac. i am crying. so happy. cant wait to see pics. can i come babysit??

Anonymous said...

Jana! I am so excited for ya'll!! What a blessing! I will pray that the next 12 weeks go smoothly and quickly!! Love ya'll!

Becoming a family of 4 said...

So excited for you. Can't wait to see their faces. Are just about freaking out right now?
Teresa

Katrina said...

I'm so excited for you!! I screamed when I saw it on your blog! Can I change my vote? I did say a girl at the last meeting, remember?
Can't wait to see some pictures and meet them!

Katrina